Sunday, February 27, 2011

Don't waste your birthday wish

As we were hanging out on the couch yesterday, Cochran asked "The ultrasound tech said you were 7 weeks and 3 days, right?" I replied, "Yes."  He quickly responded "Check this out."  He had Outlook calendar open on the computer to 2/25.  He started going back Fridays and counting 1, 2,...6, 7 and then he went back 3 days.  Guess what day that was...my birthday, January 4!  He then asked, "And what did you wish on your birthday?"  He knew what I wished.  I didn't tell him of course, because we all know that voids your birthday wish!  You only get that wish once a year and I wasn't wasting mine.  However, he knew my heart desired a child(ren) and without a doubt he knew that was my wish.  We had actually debated this the night of my birthday. We were on our way to dinner and I told him that I had to have at least 1 candle to blow out so I could make my wish.  He replied, "I know your wish so it won't come true."  I quickly rebutted, "Negative, I didn't tell you.  It's only if I tell you."  He tried to argue with me, but we all know the rules of the birthday wish, right?  He wasn't winning this argument.  After dinner, the restaurant brought me my dessert with one candle lit.  I made my wish. 

My wish came true times two!  God already knows the desires of our hearts.  Submit these requests to Him and grow in relationship with Him.  He's always there and listening.  I am so thankful to Him for giving me the best birthday gift ever!  Sometimes we feel as though we don't deserve certain things but we can't earn God's love.  He loves us because we are His children.  I believe that becoming a mommy will further open my eyes to how deep and unconditional God's love is for us.    

We hope you have a blessed year in 2011!  Don't forget to make your birthday wish ;) 

Love,

The Cochrans

No comments:

Post a Comment