Friday, May 27, 2011

First Mother to Be Day

In thinking about the past month I realize I wrote about the weekend home and doctor visits and in doing so forgot one of the most special days-Mother's Day. Mother's Day fell on May 8th this year. That is a very special day to me. Cochran & I were married on 5/8/09. I graduated from college on 5/8/05. Now I can add 5/8/11 since it was my first "Mother to be Day."

My husband has really surprised me over the years. On Friday that Mother's Day weekend he texted me at work and asked if I could get off early. I told him that I would skip lunch so I could leave early. All day I was excited to see what he had planned. At 4:30pm he picked me up directly from work. Of course in the car I was trying to guess what we were doing. He wouldn't tell me anything. He drove us to Salt Rock Grill on Redington Beach. This restaurant was a place we had been wanting to visit. We enjoyed a very nice meal to begin our night. Afterwards we continued driving along the beach area. When suddenly he said he thought he missed his turn. He turned into a parking lot to turn around and I noticed how pretty the landscape looked thru the doors of the hotel. He was trying to get his bearings on where we were when he spotted a parking lot across the street. He said, "I don't think we are far so we could park here and just walk." I noticed and mentioned it was for visitors of the hotel but he said we wouldn't be too long and it would be ok. I know...I know! The lightbulb should have went off at this point, but he had me change my high heels with flip flops and place my purse in the trunk so I thought nothing about it. This man was in front of us walking to the hotel and where I made the comment about the landscape Cochran said, "Let's just follow him in & check it out. Plus we'll have access to the beach." He made sure we stayed a couple steps behind the guy. I was getting nervous, because it was a locked gate and this girl doesn't like to get in trouble. Sure enough the man turns to go into the lobby first and that's when Cochran pulled out the key to get in the gate. DING, DING, DING! I finally realized that he was up to far much more and I had been played! Ms. Gullible! Haha! He took me to our room, opened the door, and he had everything set up. There were 2 cards (one for our anniversary and the other for Mother's Day) on the bed with rose pedals and chocolates. He had 2 red roses sitting on the counter for our 2nd year anniversary. Plus, he had actually been to the grocery to get his pregnant wife all types of goodies-ice cream, white chocolate covered pretzels, etc...yuuuum! Emotion overcame me and tears rolled. He had actually packed a bag for us and found someone to take care of our first son, Scooter. We changed and took a long stroll on the beach. Our hotel had several hammocks on the beach so we found a hammock & relaxed. While lying there, listening to the waves crash, and the sun set I began to think next year on Mother's Day we will have 2 little boys in our lives. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment