Sunday, June 12, 2011

TMI for the Ladies

During this time (23 weeks) of my pregnancy I would like to share the not so pleasant changes about being pregnant. Before I begin this rant I would like to make clear that I believe pregnancy is a beautiful thing. To know there are 2 growing boys in my tummy gives me so much joy. However, I'm far to open to not blog about some of the changes that is hard to accept in a humorous way (since that's the way I deal best).

First, let's just go ahead and lay it out there. Two weeks ago I realized I could no longer see my Va-J-J. Yes, I know that I will eventually not be able to see my feet, but why didn't I think of the in-between? I've had jelly rolls pretty much my whole life; except for that one sweet summer as a teenager when I didn't eat and exercised religiously. However, there is no roll to this belly. At times my stomach feels like a balloon that has been filled with so much air it's going to bust. At other times, I feel like gremlins are going to emerge out of my belly. I say that I feel large and in charge. However, let's be real-I'm not in charge.

I've had women share all sorts of stories. I don't believe men know we share as much as we do, but if there are any men reading this listen carefully-WOMEN TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING. So if this makes you uncomfortable please tune back in on my next blog. I'm just putting it all out there right now. I've been told by some women that their hubby's had to help them shave. I've shared this with Cochran to prepare him for the inevitable. Let's say they don't put this in the "What To Expect when Expecting" book.

Next, let's talk about "the girls." They were the first pregnancy symptom that was obvious. They grew quickly during the first trimester and overshadowed the baby bump. Now? Well let's say it's like bunk beds. The girls are the top bunk and the baby bump is right below. They are roommates; however I don't see how I'm not going to run out of room. I even made up a song that I'm not going to share because you don't have the tune. The gist is that the girls sit on my belly. My belly seems to hold them up. This is hilarious-as I'm about to type this it actually happens. My cleavage is like a food trap. If I miss my mouth I know exactly where to find it. It's my "save a snack for later" place. Haha!

My innie is now an outtie. Again I knew this would happen. However, you must understand that I had what I considered a deep belly button. Cochran use to act like it was a hole and say "Hello down there." Now he constantly points out that it's an outtie. It reminds me when I baked my first turkey for Thanksgiving. The white thing popped out when the turkey was done. However, I'm not done. I still have at least 3 more months of baking to do.

My feet are just beginning to swell. I already have wide feet so the swelling takes it to the next level. By the end of the day I feel like my toes lose half of their length. So it's very funny to see wide feet with midget toes. Can't wait to add in the cankles for the latest fashionable cave woman look.

My mom got me an amazing pillow to sleep with but I have already begun to get quite uncomfortable. When I try to get out of bed I'm like a rollie pollie ollie. I have to prop several pillows behind my back on the couch so I can scoot myself up versus doing the back and forth motion to give myself some momentum to get up. Also, as the boys grow they won't have as much room to move. As it is, they seem to love my ribs which is very uncomfortable. Of course, there is a ton of pressure on my back and sitting at a desk causes a lot of discomfort on my tail bone; which I broke as a young child and my mom didn't believe me until my chiropractor confirmed this a few years ago observing my x-ray (no mom I will not let it go until you do what you should have done. Kiss it and make it feel better-lol!)

In sharing all this I want to say that this "negative/con" list has nothing on the blessings/positive list. When I get stressed I picture holding the boys while they are sleeping and it calms & fills me with peace. I can't wait till we meet them! Boys, you are worth every bit of it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not even having twins and I feel all these same things!! I can only imagine what it's like to have two in there. You are right, its all soooo very worth it. There are a lot of 'gross' things that go along with pregnancy too and oddly enough its been a means of growing stronger in my marriage with my hubby. (don't feel bad, he already shaved my legs for me, its just too much effort to bend down comfortably haha)! Babies really are a miracle in so many ways. Good luck and congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete